Saturday, August 30, 2008

Is it any wonder?

Yours truly got the distinguished award of being Portland, Oregon's number 1 New Kids on the Block fan....

OK...truth be told...I was co-awarded this great honor along with my best friend from high school Miss Athena because we created a huge NKOTB Newspaper for a contest the Z100 Radio Station was having.

Most of you know that I was an especially dedicated fan to Mr. Donnie Wahlberg...(be still my beating heart) Yes, I am talking about the older Wahlberg boy...not Marky Mark, the Calvin Klein undies model (although Marky certainly does hold his own certain "appeal"...as in YUMMY), but the man of my teen dreams was Donnie...the "bad boy" of the hottest boy band ever.

I was just looking through some old photos and had to laugh...is it any wonder I fell for the man I did?

What do you think?















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna…my love…you ROCK! That blog article is awesome! OMG! I love it!!! You DID marry the man of your dreams! You and John make me smile whenever I think if you two! Seriously! And, oh…how I too long to be “smoky and mysterious,” but I’ll be happy being me. Hee, hee! ~I love you!

Anonymous said...

This is about your best blog posting yet, I must say. Any woman who can furnish photographic evidence that her hubby is one of the NKOTB deserves some sort of blogging award, if you ask me!

By the way, I was in Wal Mart the other day and they had a huge poster for this NEW NKOTB album--what have you heard about it?? Oh nevermind--I just googled them and found that their new album comes out TODAY! And check out their photo on the site--they haven't aged A BIT! http://www.nkotb.com/

Anonymous said...

Anna - this is a scream! I just watched NEW KIDS on the Today SHow (I left you a VM that it was coming one)! John just needs about 3 days of beard growth and a black jacket, and he will fit right in! You guys have the best imagination, and so much fun living it out!

Unknown said...

Um, Anna, this is so trippy. I can't believe you found your very own DW. Great job matching the photos!