Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Frog Story


Yesterday during my lunch hour I took about 30 minutes and headed to the pool to get in a few laps and stretch my legs. I was just finishing up and cooling down with a couple of laps of breast stroke...I popped my head up and there in front of me...not even 2 ft away in the pool is a gigantic FROG.

Let me tell you that there is nothing quite as dramatic as having a frog in the pool with you unexpectedly. Luckily I was in shallow enough water to not nearly drown with what I'm sure anyone looking out their window would have found to be quite a series of arm flailing, leg kicking, body thrashing antics for a big ol' pregnant lady.

This frog was not a little froggie that you see in the pond. No, this frog was probably 7-8 inches long and 4-5 inches wide with its little peepers just hanging above the water line.

I got out of the pool and watched it for a bit...laughing out loud at the whole idea of a frog in the pool. (again...what must these pool neighbors think of this weird lady that swims every afternoon) then I grabbed my towel and ran home for the camera. Unfortunately, when I got back...the frog was gone so I cannot grace this story with actual footage of the incident.

But, its totally true. I promise it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo jealous of your pool, frogs and all!