Monday, January 03, 2011

Accountability...

ac·count·abil·i·ty noun \ə-ˌkaun-tə-ˈbi-lə-tē\

Definition of ACCOUNTABILITY
: the quality or state of being accountable; especially : an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions.

And in my case I'm talking about New Year's Resolutions.

Normally I spend a bunch of time writing down a long list of things I need to improve, but I'm taking a different approach this year.  This year I have TWO resolutions.

1.  I will learn German...  Ok...so thats really all I need to say about that one.  I was going to write a paragraph about the who what when where and why's, but I think this one is pretty self explanatory.  What I WILL say about this one is that its pretty embarrassing to squeak out my germenglish language...perhaps you remember my faux paux about ein leetle shpoona?   I will never live that down.  Its almost as bad as when I pronounced chihuahua as chi hooah hooah...I had no idea thats how you spelled the Taco Bell dog.  Or...how about this one...I was playing online scrabble against someone and said to John, I know what a tictac is, but whats a tactic?  Oh man...he still teases me about that...but I digress and my resolution is to learn German...not English.  I'll keep that one for another year.

2.  I will get healthy.  Woah...I know...right?  Thats a BIG one.  See why I only have two resolutions this year?  I've broken it down into some mini-goals that I'm tracking by week and month...the two biggest being eating better and exercise.  Yeah yeah yeah... I KNOW I put this resolution every year, but I've got some big plans riding on it this year.  AND...just to be accountable I plan on once per week marking my progress...right here on this blog...for all the world to see. 

Lucky you. 

Happy New Year!



And your resolution is to CLICK ME!
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

3 comments:

The Hannant Family said...

I see your resolutions and I agree. I too only have a few. To excercise and eat better, and to read my scriptures daily, also to spend more time with my kids. I made one to learn to make bread too. Because who doesn't love fresh baked bread?

As for your previous post. I love the look. At least her look is cute, but that could be the bum too. Abby has a look and we call it the stink eye. I'm sure you are laughing now because I too have that look. Remember high school?

Becca said...

I'm with you... not to learn German, although I'd love to, but there's not many opportunities for that here in OKlahoma...
Baby #3 has done me in and I'm back to where I swore I'd never be weightwise... let's do it together... Share with me your goals.. I need some motivation.
Love you!

Becca said...

PS... the bum shot is awesome. I've definitely seen that look before!