I'm sending kudos out to my mom tonight. Why? She made me drink water. Thats right. Water.
I love the stuff. I hear people say, "I hate water." or "Water is boring." These, I fear are those that perhaps are searching for eternal excitement even in their beverage selection? Maybe? Perhaps I'm being unfair?
All I know is that I'm drinking about a gallon a day right now. Yes, literally a gallon. I know this because I fill the jug up at night and drink it down all day and my last glass of water before bed empties it to be refilled.
So - just a few little things about water.
1. When I am really grumpy - offer me some. It most likely is the problem. Especially if we are out and about and I didn't bring a water bottle. And if I snap at you for suggesting it don't feel bad. My mood will change after I get some in me. Oh, and sorry in advance for snapping at you.
2. Snopes.com debunks the myth that you need to have 8 glasses per day to not be chronically dehydrated, but they DO tell you to take in as much as you put out in sweat and spittle and other forms of leakage from your bod... I'd say the 8-10 glasses is a good rule of thumb.
3. Water is supposed to make your skin super soft. I'm gonna test that theory when John gets home for R&R in THREE WEEKS.
4. Your brain is made up of 75% water, your blood 82% and your lungs nearly 90%.**
5. If you don't drink enough water your body holds onto it like a cactus would in your hips and thighs. Unfortunately I can't use that as an excuse for the extra plumpage emanating from either of those areas, but it does make sense for why when people finally DO start to drink it they drop water weight pounds.**
6. A gallon makes you have to pee. A. Lot.
**Discovered while reading an article on Sparkpeople.com.
Drink Water and click me!