Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Booooooowwwwwwwwwlllllllll!

We bowled the other day.  It was when our friends from Switzerland were here...we had so much fun.  I'm going to get the hard part over with to start...that would be our scores...

Now, in my defense...my bowling score was really Bella's bowling score...however, for Ilaria...well, she has no excuse for her 75...  Before we ever started she told us all how she took bowling as a PE credit in college.  I'm pretty sure she failed that class.  ha ha ha.

This totally reminds me of the story about the guy in college who asked me on a date and took me bowling.  He killed me.  I had a score probably not too dissimilar to this one...He scored a 290+ or something like that...it was insane...and when its all over and done with he informs me he's on the University bowling league. 

Who does that?  He knew he was going to kill my score...maybe he was trying to show off?  Either way...that was the one and only time we went out...not because of the bowling issue, but because the next item on our "date" was for him to take me to the deep dark caverns of the music hall on campus where he proceeded to sing and play on the piano the love song he'd written for me.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.  I was so not into that. 

Ok...back to our scores...


Bella was the little queen of the bowling alley.  She watched us all do our thing and then came up with her very own bowling stance that she would do before rolling the ball down the alley...  I usually gave it a push to help it get to the bottom...the one two times I didn't we had to walk the gutter to roll it in...so in all reality...my score is missing a whole frame of scores because the machine reset when our ball didn't make it all the way down...











And then is Madmad whose FIRST ball was a STRIKE!  I was very impressed...she didn't even bounce it off the gutter rails!  She's doing a little dance in that second one... Cute girl.

Apparently the knee up/toe on the floor is the socially acceptable way to pose with a bowling ball.  I love this shot of Maddie and Aurora.  So cute...





And since I'm sure you don't really want to see our pitiful scores again...I bid you a guten nacht...

1 comment:

kajr said...

Great time!