Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Yo de lay hee hooo

The German Alps...so nearly identical to the Swiss Alps...or the Austrian Alps...or the Italian Alps...

But we didn't spend a weekend at those alps...we stayed a weekend at the German alps...in Garmisch, Germany.

The mornings always had a hazy mist all around the mountains and you could never see the tops of them, but by mid-morning when we had the girls outside playing the sun would burn off the clouds and haze and we'd stand in awe at the majestic view...





And then the last day on the morning we woke up we were greeted with a beautiful sight...



No haze....no mist...I think it was telling us to stay and play for longer. 

Sadly we packed up our belongings and headed home - waving goodbye to the Zugspitz (Germany's tallest peak)...its that snow covered pointy mountain there...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. Wow.

This blog has given me a serious case of wanderlust, let me tell you! And those gorgeous pics just made it worse!!! That's okay--at least it isn't giving me the raging baby fever I got after seeing that adorable little newborn baby of yours, lol!

inkahoots said...

Jealous. No, like, really really jealous. Breathe deeply for me.

The Days of your Life said...

You are having such grand adventures!
Seeing those mountains made me miss the real mountains, we only have hills! Sigh!
We love you guys!