Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our daily lives...

Well, life in Germany is shaping up to be pretty good. Not that I was too terribly worried about hating it here or something. When you start to weigh your military options it all becomes quite clear...Germany or El Paso, TX...Germany or Georgia...Germany or Kansas... Now, I'm not exactly "slamming" those locations...I'm just saying that if I have a choice...the choice is going to Germany.

Anyhow...life and all that now includes some new neighbors...and an August 1st block party planned. I'm excited to get to know more people as I've found myself turning into the housewife that follows her hubby around after he returns from work craving adult conversation and contact...

The people next door to us are a newly married couple with two dogs...Madmad is ecstatic about that. She's constantly "running" bubba for them. Bubba is a 1 year old dachshund with about as much energy as maddie. I think they are a good fit for each other.

On the other side of our quad, our new neighbors come with a little baby girl that is just 3 weeks older than Bella! We were so excited about that. I haven't asked permission to post pics of her, but I figured this one where her face isn't showing would be ok... If she comes to play and Bella is wearing socks, this is the first thing she does...so far, Bella just takes it...but someday soon we may see some retaliation of sorts...


John has been working weird hours...different exercises and requirements have him home at odd times. This has proved frustrating for me, who counts on his handyman hands to take care of certain things so I can get the house in order, finally. In particular, I've been waiting for John to switch a plate magnet from one cupboard to the other. I could do it myself, but its one of those...not top of my priority list, but irritating all the same. Eric heard me complain one day and decided to do something about it all on his own! I was so proud of him...he was proud of himself...he couldn't WAIT to tell his dad about it when he got home.




The kids have found a new favorite hobby. It includes my feet and their hands...really...do they look like they are miserable?


Have I mentioned yet that Lexi is here for her visit? Two weeks...then she and Eric had back to Oregon on July 31st...I'm going to bypass that topic as it just wrenches my hear to think about the end of this time together...




Fondly reminiscent of my childhood, I came downstairs the other day and found the kids had made a sad little fort out of two blankets and a laundry basket. I decided I needed to show them how it was done. We even pulled in the lawnchair from outside....It was a great fort...lasted for two whole days.


No comments: