Saturday, July 18, 2009

Domestic I am...

I decided to make curtains for Madmad and Bella's rooms. I thought to myself this would be a good idea because

1. Its cheaper than buying them.
2. How hard can it be to sew a straight line on a curtain?
3. My secret wish is to actually be viewed as domestic. (shhh...don't tell anyone because I'll have to deny it...)

Well...I got as far as buying the fabric and discovered that here in Germany...even on the Army base...it is NOT cheaper than just buying the darn things and with the amount I need for these large windows we really are making expensive curtains...But the fabric is cute...and my domestic goddess side is nearly ready to attempt the stitching...

So...in about a year you will all actually see some curtains. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Here is the pattern I picked for Bella's room

This is the pattern that maddie picked for her room

1 comment:

Miss Debbie said...

I have SOOO much fabric that I have bought and never sewn. Ask Tracy sometime about the 'cow' fabric. Let's see - 4th Grade? Still is sitting! Now, how many dresses or pants are cut out and ready to sew? 2? 3? 4? ???