Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mute the conference call!

I swear...some people have absolutely no respect or consideration for others. Its like they are totally oblivious to the world around them and what is happening.

I had to present an online seminar today and I must have repeated 15 times, "Please mute your phone lines so other participants cannot hear what is happening in your personal office space." Sure enough...Mr. Paynoattention in the middle of the presentation starts jibberjabbering with an office mate...

"Hey Charlie! Yup, I'm in a webinar."

Uhhh...no duh...so is everyone else listening to you. Cut the string Chatty Kathy.

An on and on it went until I finally interrupted our very distinguished speaker and repeated in the best "listen up or I'll kick you in the shin" voice...PLEASE MUTE YOUR CALL...

And would you guess that he starts talking about muting the dang call?

"*6 to mute eh? Hmmm...well if we just press this it.... (pause in conversation because he actually had it on mute) .......and then it comes back on and you aren't muted anymore."

Perhaps the electronic waves that center around his universe and computer caused massive brain damage or he may be a "real" blonde...those characteristics aren't limited to women, you know.

I think he is just so involved with his little world that the idea of anyone else being disturbed by his "oh so important" comments just never occured to him.

My colleague sitting next to me was laughing. She thought it was funny...like the time she was on a conference call and all of a sudden she heard a toilet flush.

I'm not opposed to a little tinkle while on the phone if you need to, but for hells sake...learn how to mute your phone!

No comments: