Saturday, July 21, 2007

Just when I had wicked stepmom down...



Its been a long long long long week for me...and if I am being perfectly honest I was absolutely dreading having Chortle and Little Giggle here this weekend. We're in the process of moving, the house is a mess, I have a million things to do and I guess I had decided to be a big grump about them being here all weekend long. Not that there is anything I could do about it, but hey...why not just make things as difficult as possible, right?

Well...I was doing a pretty good job of being cold and standoff-ish. I had the ignore you pose and ice stare down and to top it all of Mr. Chucklehead and I had a spectacular fight...errr...discussion... right before he went to pick them up.

When it came time to eat dinner, I *almost* chose to eat alone later instead of suffering through a meal with whining and chitter chatter and stories of the last 3 weeks at Cruella's house...I mean really...wicked stepmom's don't have to suffer through that do they?! BUT...I relented when Mr Chucklehead used his best *puppy dog eyes* and asked me to join them so we could eat as a family.

He asked Chortle to say the prayer before dinner and darn it all if that kid didn't just melt the heart of the ice queen and cause the Grinch's heart to grow two sizes...

Out of Chortle's mouth comes these words, "God...thanks for giving me such a great and wonderful dad that plays with me and loves me and thanks also for Aaaa....my step...uhm....my mother. My babycakes mommy cuz I really love her too." (babycakes is my *love* name around our house)

He called me mother. For the first time ever...he called me mother...and his babycakes mommy...

And well...after that I just didn't have it in me to play wicked stepmom...

Funny how things like that happen when you need it to the most.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU MOVED??? I had no idea! I have been sending your x-mas cards to the same address!