Sunday, July 15, 2007

Dejunking

I am dejunking. I just spent the last two days going through my craft supplies and getting rid of most of them. How in the world is it possible to have so much CRAFT junk that it takes two days to go through it.

I've seen worse cases...hoarders, packrats, crafting freaks that save every scrap of ribbon, paper, buttons, bells etc. All to create a fabulous piece of art that will sit in a book on a shelf and be looked at occasionally...

Hmmmm...don't get me wrong. I'm a scrapbooking fiend...well, I used to be, but now I'm a serious craft-tote wielding woman that knows what she wants in a scrapbook page and what she doesn't.

Stickers are my downfall...I hoard them...I love them...I want to paste their sticky stickness all over the place, but not really cuz they are so cute that means they would no longer be mine...I won't have them to look at and love and hold and hug and call them George...

Ok...here is part two...I have a whole under-the-bed tupperware container that is full of sewing supplies. Does anyone reading this blog know me as a sewer? (As in "one who sews" not under the city sewer rat!) No? Right...so why am I carting around a huge under-the-bed tupperware full of material, thread, lace and elastic?

The answer is this...someday I might BECOME a sewer.

You may now laugh hysterically.

Long live women who wish they were domestic like their mothers. MaryAnne would be so proud to hear that at least I aspire to her domestic Goddess greatness. She truly was amazing. She could make anything...shirts, dresses, pants, shorts, swimming suits, bras...for hells sake! I would perish in nakedness if I had to make my own clothes...

So - the moral of this story is...young girls...listen to your domestic mothers because some day you will want to be like them. I promise...its true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang on to that stuff! If a bigger hurricane hits the south, those Wal Mart trucks might not make their trips 'round the country and THEN what would we do when we get holes in our clothes??