Sunday, March 03, 2013

Baby, it's cold outside...

We just finished up three days of sleet and snow...today dawned bright and beautiful and sunny..Its now two in the afternoon and Bella and I stood at the window looking out.  The playground behind our house was empty.  No children riding bikes on the path.  No footballs being thrown or bubbles being blown.

And I realized the sun was fickle.  Because you KNOW the minute I get the kids dressed and we venture outside we will F.R.E.E.Z.E our tushies off. 

Its kind of like white chocolate.  It looks so tasty on the outside and fancy drizzled over desserts, but its a whole mess of yuck when you bite into it.

Fickle.

And even my 4 year old knows it.  As she gazes out the window she says, "The sun looks cold, Mom." 

Yup.

Can't fool us.  Thats why we stayed in PJs all day long. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're blog is an inspiration to MilSo's worldwide, which is why you're one of my nominees for the Liebster Award!I've also shared your blog's link on MilitaryWifeLife.com ....Head on over to my blog if you'd like to participate. Have a lovely day!

Carrie
MilitaryWifeLife.com