Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving

Turkey day this year was probably the quietest that I've ever had. Just John and I and Bella celebrated together this year. We had invited a few geographical bachelors to join us, but they all had places to go so it just ended up with the three of us.

I have a theory about Thanksgiving...nobody should ever have to dress up for this holiday in my opinion. As a kid I remember a HUGE family celebration with my cousins and aunts and uncles...seriously huge...like over 100 people...but we'd play the whole time...there was never anything formal. We also used it like a family reunion each year....For anyone who has ever been to the Butler Bash - do you remember the pinatas, the basketball, the football on tv, the movie room, the giant pots Aunt Sandy owns to cook the food...and, of course, we'd have the regularly scheduled family talent show. Oh how I'd love to see reruns of those talent shows.

Anywho...all that to say that I personally didn't get out of my pajamas the entire day. It was marvelous. Ok...NONE of us got out of our pajamas that day. It was total heaven.

As for the food...John cooked the whole meal. It was so incredibly yummy. I nominate him for next year too.

Carving our teeny tiny turkey breast...


Pouring us glasses of Apple Cider bubbly...


Our Thanksgiving spread...

3 comments:

Roxy said...

I thought it was warm in Arizona. John looks like he's ready for the slopes. Isabella is such a doll. Grama will enjoy snuggling with her tomorrow. Glad all is well there!

Anonymous said...

oh, I am SO celebrating in my PJs next year!

Anie said...

Glad to hear that you guys had a nice- relaxing Thanksgiving this year! We all went to Tisha's- had a pinata and everything!! Oh ya, we're NOT going to let that tradition die!! Got to see Jenna, Jason, and the kids too so that was SUPER fun!!! Your Bella is a DOLL!!! Seriously- she is SO stinkin CUTE!! Keep the pictures coming!!!