Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pinch me...its real.


Mr. Chucklehead
is
a
warrant
officer.

Its true...I know...I know...we've been waiting almost a year for the Army to finally get their "shtuff" in order and its finally happened.

Today he was given his oath of office, entered the Active Duty Reserves and now awaits appointment to the class in Ft. Huachuca, AZ.

We immediately booked tickets to AZ in April to go visit and scout out the location. Now I have to pack, clean, sort, organize. Gaaaah. Please remind me that I am happy about this when I'm stressed out from the work it takes to move a household.

Really...the most important thing I want you to know is that I am SO PROUD of my soldier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Does this mean you get to dine in the Officer's Club now???

The Hansen Family said...

OMG! This picture of him looks EXACTLY like Chortle! Holy crap I thought it was him for a second!

Congratulations to you both! That is WAY exciting! Where the heck is Ft. Huachuca though?!? Are you guys going to be even remotely close to RayRay?

Peace out Napoleon

Chesno Slova said...

HAHA. Great Basic Training picture. I could spot that a mile away. Took mine in 1997. Was about 50 pounds lighter than I am now.

So happy for you guys. Big step to resign the commission and take a Warrant slot instead. I know you don't do things lightly though, so it will be the best for you.

Keep us updated. I have begun my officer training and will ship to OCS on May 31st.