Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Day



"Mrs C, can you come here for a minute?"

I looked at him warily...Mr. C had been in the mood lately for doing things that made me nervous like jumping out at me and tickling.

"Please? I promise, just for a second."

I stood and walked to where he stood near the front door. He turned the handle and opened the door.

I gasped. "Its beautiful."

And there we stood for the next few minutes watching the snow fall...our late weird weather Pacific Northwest January snowfall. The streets were white, the night silent, the cold air rushed around our bare legs and we just watched the fat flakes float down and for me, the world was at peace.

2 comments:

The Hansen Family said...

I am so jealous! I want snow in Texas!!! AND TREES LIKE THAT! What a beautiful picture Anna! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking! Ours has all metled down then re-frozen; it isn't this pretty anymore! :)