Saturday, May 10, 2008

Arizona.....for real?

Well - its confirmed. Not with orders, but with verbal and written information that John needs to report to Ft. Huachuca on July 1, 2008. We will actually be driving away from Portland on June 24, 2008. I'm excited and nervous and sad. We'll have John's kids for his 2-week vacation from the last day of school, June 13th through the end of that time period.

I know this is going to be hard when he has to say goodbye to them. Luckily his parents agreed to watch them for two days after that so there is some cohesive "daddy loves you even though he is moving" feelings that the kids can rely on since I don't think Cruella will be offering any of that kindness.

Regardless, I'm hoping the excitement of John getting to move forward with the Army stuff will help him with the loneliness I'm sure he'll be feeling. Of course, I'll encourage frequent contact with them. Maybe we'll give Lexi a webcam and ask her to set it up for the kids and John every Sunday or something.

**sigh** I wish it was so much easier.

No comments: