Friday, November 18, 2011

Finally finishing up Christmas.

Sad, right?  Its the 19th of November and I'm almost done with Christmas...well, at least the Christmas that I am sending to my stepkids and inlaws and nephews on John's side.  I always do their Christmas first because I have to not only worry about Christmas, but Eric and Lexi's birthdays are also in December so I like to send it all at once.

Phew.  So glad its mostly done.  Now, I'm boxing up my mom and Marlowe's little package to send to them...still have a couple of "items" that I need to get.  I know they don't want STUFF, but I still like to send them a few items I think they will like...its not fair for parents to tell their kids they don't want anything.  We like to feel generous and giving and show them how much we love and appreciate them and all that jazz and especially around Christmas.

Ok...off my soap box...

I wanted to show you my three favorite things that are from Bella to Lexi, Eric and Maddie...

Bella loves a show called Art Attack.  Its a guy who essentially creates from random things...Well, one morning we were watching him create a pirate from a plastic bottle.  Yeah...I know...crazy, right?  Anywho...Bella says she wants to make one for big sissy.  I ask which big sissy.  She says both.  I say what about Eric.  She says, "Eric gets a platypus."  I have no idea where she even learned that word.  But...over the next couple of weeks Bella helped me create three Art Attack specials out of plastic bottles, glue, paper towels, newspaper and paint.

Tadum!





Bella picked the colors they were painted.  I did the "design work."  She loved them so much when we were done she didn't want to give them up.  Especially the butterfly...I may be making another one of those...

Anyhow...we filled the insides with Haribo candies...


I've got them all boxed up and ready to send for Christmas.  I hope they love them as much as the munchkin does.  I'll be including a note explaining how these came about....regardless...we love them and I'm proud of my little girl for wanting to create something for her siblings for Christmas...even if mama did most of the work!

1 comment:

The Hannant Family said...

that's great! I love it. I'm think ing of doing crafty things for some gifts this year. I think they mean more even if they don't use them.