Friday, September 30, 2011

Lennon's Wall

Prague Prague Prague...I've been there 5 times now and STILL can't get enough of that city.  This time we spent a few minutes tracking down the John Lennon Wall...Yep...he's got his own wall in Prague.

 
That's Christina and Matt adding a little something...

From Wikipedia one learns that the wall was a source of irritation to the communist regime as those crazy Czech youngsters would write grievances and western themed poems of love and peace...which eventually led to a clash between the students and the police on the nearby St. Charles Bridge. 

WOW...for just a peak behind the iron curtain....

Regardless...the wall is still there and continuously painted, decorated and adorned with anything and everything...much of it still centered around John Lennon.

And so I got out my pen and wrote a little thought right on the rainbow vomit of the unicorn.  Yep....apparently thats a significant symbol of love and peace.  :)



And then John took the pen and decided to add a little something too...

Oooops...going to have to get closer...

Closer...


Still not quite there...

Ok...still can't see it!?

Hey! There we are...memorialized forever on the Lennon Wall. Its only appropriate since Prague is my favorite city in all of Europe so far...


Now sing this song to yourself and lets be thankful for freedom....just a little suggestion for the day...

Imagine there's no Heaven   It's easy if you try   No hell below us   Above us only sky

Imagine all the people   Living for today

Imagine there's no countries   It isn't hard to do   Nothing to kill or die for   And no religion too

Imagine all the people   Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer   But I'm not the only one   I hope someday you'll join us   And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions   I wonder if you can   No need for greed or hunger   A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people   Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer   But I'm not the only one   I hope someday you'll join us   And the world will live as one

No comments: