Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just keep swimming...

Bella and I decided we were going SWIMMING!  So, we asked our neighbor and her daughter to join us and headed out to the Weiden Schwimmbad to spend a few hours in the pool. 




Here is what I LOVE about German swimming pools.

1.  Kids don't pay until they are 6 years old.
2.  There are always multiple pools (lap pool, kids pool, non-swimmer pool, wave pool, lazy river pool, pools with waterfalls, hottubs, etc.)
3. They have fun slides...like the enclosed tube slides as well as regular slides.
4.  They are just the right temperature.
5.  They have chairs deckside that you can lounge in and even tan under sunlights if you want.
6.  They are always connected to a spa.




Its like a bigAmerican waterpark only its not crowded beyond belief because just about every good sized town has one.  I love it so much that I think the USA should adopt the German schwimmbad plan.



Anywho...we took a few photos from our fun few hours at the pool that I can't resist posting...The other two in the photos are our neighbor, Kim and her daughter Alyssa. 




Alyssa just turned 4 and her and Bella have become good friends...In fact they regularly call each other "best friends" (which I love because these two girls are so cute together!)
    
Awww...Bella's first "best friend."



1 comment:

The Hannant Family said...

I agree we should adopt those here too. We have the water park, but if the weather is crappy you can't go. I like yours. I'm still waiting for summer.