Sunday, April 26, 2009

Homeless

Well, we've been homeless now for almost 3 weeks. I'm lucky that my hubby actively scouts out the "perfect" homeless location for us under the next bridge, tree, or behind that tall rock. I'm so glad we have family and friends that love us enough to put us up for the night so I don't have to endure the "tinfoil" dinner that I'm sure John dreams about cooking for his homeless family.

TRAVEL LOG
That being said...we drove from Sierra Vista to Phoenix...spent easter morning in Phoenix and then off to LA. In LA we saw Tracy and Dasia who so kindly kept our gigantic bags for us so we only had to pack what was needed for Portland. We spent about 10 days in Portland (four at the magical wonderful land of the beach.)...and then flew back to LA...picked up our bags...And flew the next AM to DC.

We were a little stressed that our LAX to DC flight was going to leave without us so as we were heading toward the security check point we rounded the corner and saw the elevator doors closing. Like the skilled ninja mama that I am I aimed and pushed the speedy stroller to catch the doors...let go and off flew our Graco stroller right into the door of the elevator...jammed in between the door and the wall...the elevator doors opened back up...we had a good laugh when we caught up to it and saw a poor old man who had a heartattack when the stroller went flying into the elevator alone...whoops....:) Oh...I should probably mention that bella was not IN the stroller. Sheesh...wouldn't that give me mom of the year award?

Bella was a rockstar on the airplane...singing like the lead singer of a scream rock band. Music for my ears and loud enough for the whole plane to enjoy. I loved watching our seat in front neighbors pull out the earplugs. ha ha ha...its a good thing she is so cute.

Now we're in DC where I have enjoyed our time with the day family and I got to see two great friends last night where sissy Jenna once again OUTDID herself in the BBQ foodfest department. I have consumed about 7 rice krispie treats in the past 2 days and gained 14 pounds. I love it. Bella and Savannah cooed and kicked at each other like they've known each other their whole lives.

Tomorrow we fly off into the wild blue yonder to Frankfurt. I'm sooooo glad the flight is overnight so baby girl will sleep (fingers crossed...)

Germany...here we come!

1 comment:

Cothran Family said...

You were sapossed to come to Utah again ya know, Guess we'll have to come see you in Germany:)