Monday, August 06, 2007

At the beach with grumpy

I went to the beach with grumpy this weekend. Yes...grumpy the dwarf...only he was disguised as a 38 y/o woman that absolutely REFUSED to have fun.

Now...don't get me wrong. I also *hate* the beach. I hate hanging out with all of my best friends. I especially hate spending money on adorable clothing, eating seafood at an incredible restaurant and walking along the sand while dipping my toes in the cold Oregon surf.

In fact, if anyone ever invites me to their beach house for a weekend again I will absolutely refuse to have fun. I will NOT laugh or snuggle with my best friend in the entire world and I will NOT eat a single chocolate and I will NOT enjoy the beautiful weather and sunshine. Bah humbug!

So, in reality...I had a BLAST...as did 5 of my other friends...it was just that grump sitting there with a humph scowl on her face that really made me wonder how in the world you can be unhappy with your best friends while on vacation?!

Peeps...let me tell you that life is WAY too short to be grumpy...next time you can't seem to make that frown go away I want you to call me. Dial me up and I'll do my best to put a smile back on your face because smiles make people so much prettier and really...can't you think of one wonderful thing that life has to offer?

Like pickles. YUM. How can life be bad when pickles are part of the equation. Or the color orange. Its my absolute favorite color (with yellow and blue close second and third picks) but whatever color you love...its so wonderful. And how about tulips...if tulips didn't exist then MAYBE I can understand a day or two of grumpiness because then you couldn't write terrible poetry like, "Roses are red, Violets are blue TU-LIPS are for kissing Woo Woo!"

So today...smile...make someone else smile...be happy. Love life...enjoy your time here with family and friends...talk to someone you miss today. Tell that special someone you love them. Give a dollar to a panhandler...close your eyes and just feel the sun on your face, the wind in your hair or smell the earth and trees around you.

And next time...just stay home from the beach if you are gonna be such a grump!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, in this posting, you FAR surpassed Dave Barry's talent for wit; have you submitted your work to a publisher yet??