Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Space A Part 4 - Three things

So...you want the good news or the bad news first?  Bad news first?  Thats the way I like to do things...that means we end on a positive note!

While we were in Washington DC, my sister read an article about the top 10 ways to get motivated to spring clean your house.  Well, we managed to whittle the list down to three.

1.  Vomit.

2.  Diarrhea.

3.  Lice.

Part 4 is going to focus on the really awful part of my trip to DC and then I'll follow it up with Part 5 - and all the GOOD parts of our trip to DC.

Poor little Bellina.  During the two weeks that we were there she developed some kind of crazy stomach thing that caused incessant diarrhea and nighttime vomiting.  Of course it always had to happen in the middle of the night...all over the bed, floor, walls, frame, sheets....  Is this too much information?  HA!  Too bad.  This is for posterity...right?
So...after 4 days of her keeping down the equivalent of about 1/2 a banana we ended up in the emergency room...

Poor little girl.



Turns out that the emergency room docs have NOTHING on a motivated team of sisters who need sleep. 

We realized that the only thing that was different in Bella's diet were almonds.  Sure enough...eliminate the almonds and wahlaa!  Ok...so it didn't happen magically like that, but within a few days she was back to "normal" and now I need to have her fully tested for an almond allergy of some sort.  It may also be that she's just intollerant.  Those nuts are hard for her little mouth and teeth to chew.  Either way...we're off almonds completely and we've had no problems ever since.

In the midst of all this...and on the same day as the ER visit we discover that my sister's two little ones have lice.  Gaaaaah!  Neither she or I have ever had to deal with lice.  I don't even know what those little buggers look like...  Either way...Dad and the two older boys spent 4 hours and all the spare change in the house plus some at the laundromat cleaning all the sheets/pillows, cases, comforters, towels etc. in the house.  UGH.

Mayonnaise hair treatments!


Between the barf and the lice their laundry machines got quite a workout.

Needless to say...I think it was a relief when the lice was gone and everyone's tummy was back to normal.

3 comments:

The Days of your Life said...

Did I actually crack a smile when I saw the picture of Savannah? I must be getting enough sleep now!
It would have never happened two weeks ago!

martyrudd said...

So your mom sent me an email telling me to check out your blog posts about your trip to Washington DC!! She had told me about it on the phone, but reading it was even better! I'm just glad you and the girls made it.

And....your girls are soooo cute. Bella is such a baby doll. Don't you just love having cousins the same age, getting them together and then listening to the fun (or fights) they have?! Our Madi (Anie's 3 year old) and Ani (Tisha's 3 year old) got together here last summer and every day was a new argument over the stupidest things!! It always reminds me of our trips to Portland where Jenna lovingly gave my kids the name "brat cousins"!!

Love you girl. So excited that John is coming home in 3 weeks!!

xoxoxoAunt Marty

Cothran Family said...

I still can't believe you guys went through all of that in one trip! Blah. Literally. Glad that's over with!