Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I love me because...

I'm part of a group of women all working to lose weight. We've been giving mini-challenges to each other...one of them really stuck me...

Tell yourself you love you.

Hmmm...so to the mirror I went.

Me to self, "I love you."

*giggle* Shifty eyes...smile playing at the corner of my mouth. Hard to look at me when I said that. So again...this time more assertively...

"I LOVE YOU."

It felt good.

So I took it to the next step...

Self to me, "Why do you love me?"

And boy if that didn't stump me for a minute...I started out tentatively..., "Because I'm a good person?"

Why?

Because I am generous with myself, my time, my money, my stuff....and because I like to help other people.

But what about YOU...what do you love about you?

I like my sense of humor and I like my laugh. Actually, I like laughing in general - it makes me happy.

And on it went...this little conversation with myself until I had a chance to really tell myself today the reasons why I like...scratch that...LOVE me.

If you think this is easy...I challenge you to try it. :)

No comments: