Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Drink more water and be a better parent.

I can't do it. I've tried for 2 years now to play parent next to Mr. Chucklehead, but I'm telling you...Wicked Stepmom is my real name.

Thats right...I'm at a point where I understand the Malificents of the world...Cinderella's stepmom is like my twin sister...clean your room! Make your bed! Pick up your clothes!

Maybe its easier if you start out with them as babies...maybe if you watch them grow up you understand their quirks and twists enough for it not to drive you insanely crazy.

Or...maybe I need to drink more water? Its a well known fact that when I am parched I tend to make bad decisions, have a short temper and in general just be a growling ITCH with a b.

New motto...(everyone join in...) Drink more water. Be a better parent.

Sounds easy enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trust me--I'm no stepmom (I've been with my kids since birth!) but you should hear how badly they despise me, how evil they think me, and how they long for my death each time I announce chore time, homework time, etc!