Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Expose' on potty training

My darling 3-year old Little Giggle has taught us a new way to pottie train for #2 - swallow a penny.

Now don't get too grossed out here...this is a PG-rated post, but on Friday last week LG swallowed one U.S currency piece valued at $0.01. As soon as it happened she burst into tears and told us her money was eaten up. When we figured out what really happened we had to explain to her just what happens when something is eaten...the digestive process and where it ends up.

Now for my favorite part...every 1-3 hours she was sitting on the pot yelling, "Here comes the money!" I don't think I've laughed as hard for a year.

Unfortunately, the money never did show up until the day that she left back to the Cruella's house. Mr. Chucklehead decided to take a much needed "manly" bathroom break (which essentially means sit on the pot for 40 minutes reading). Before he had a chance to do his thing he yelled for me to come and look...sure enough there on the bottom of the toilet lay one US penny circa 1979. He wanted to take a picture. I told him the story was probably good enough.

By the way - this story is in honor of TODAY being her 4th birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY Little Giggle. I sure do love you, silly girl.

No comments: